Today we have a 1984 Dodge Ram D150 Prospector. This Dodge Ram sports a fantastic, faded yellow paint job and the original prospector badges on the rear quarters. What exactly was Dodge trying to say by giving the Dodge Ram a “Prospector” trim level? A search for the definition of the word “Prospector” yields the following results:
- An apparent probability of advancement, success, profit, etc.
- The outlook for the future
- Or as in Mining:
- an apparent indication of ore or native metal.
- a place giving such indications.
- a mine working or excavation undertaken in a search for additional ore.
Considering the emblem is accompanied by a pickaxe and shovel, I vote the mining definition holds the best description. You decide…
And don’t forget to check out other Dodge pickups we’ve spotted: